God calls us to some things we cannot do alone.
Check the community calendar on our website RCCAtl.org Underlined words are live links
A correction on the announcement of Khaled Hosseini’s appearance Thursday evening, 7:15, June 13. He will be at First Baptist Church of Decatur not the library.
1. The Georgia Mission of Mercy is a FREE dental clinic, Friday and Saturday, June 14-15, at the North Atlanta Trade Center, 1700 Jeurgens Court, Norcross 30093. Doors open at 5 a.m. on both days. Patients will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. The day’s patient limit is typically reached by late morning, so come early! This clinic will serve low- or no-income Georgians. While this program is primarily for adults, children in need will receive treatment. Each patient will receive one service so that more people can be served. Services include cleanings, fillings, extractions, limited root canal therapy, and some lab procedures. Some interpreters will be available. Read more>>
2. The New Era Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia, Rev. Dr. Arthur Carson, President, will have a One Day Youth Conference on Saturday, June 15 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at the New Era Convention Center in Griffin. For more information, send an email to NewEraConvention@bellsouth.net.
3. Saint Philip AME Church Crusaders for Christ invites you to sample the culinary delights prepared by the Men of Saint Philip. All donations will benefit youth outreach ministries of the church, Saturday, June 15, 1 to 4 p.m., Donation $10, children under 5 free. Saint Philip Family Life and Administration Center., 240 Candler Road Atlanta 30317 www.saintphilip.org
4. Zion Hill Baptist Church invites the community to join in a celebration of the influence and value of the work of Christian men on Father’s day, Sunday, June 16. The annual “Men in Christ Sunday” honors all fathers and men who work every day to build their churches, families and communities. Visitors and friends are welcome at the 8 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. worship services. Zion Hill is located at 6175 Campbellton Road in Atlanta. For more information call the church office at (404) 691-8025 or visit www.zionhill.org.
5. Picture you and your friends filling the seats for "Patio Perfect Dining" at Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House on Tuesday, June 18, for the Atlanta Community Food Bank monthly Supper Club. Enjoy delicious summertime fare while 20% of your tab goes to support the Food Bank. For more information, contact email@example.com or 404.892.FEED (3333) x1236.
6. The young American organist Christopher Houlihan will appear Wednesday. June 19, 7:30 p.m. in concert at All Saints' Episcopal Church, 634 West Peachtree Street,-- the opening event in the Atlanta Summer Organ Festival. Tickets are $15 ($10 for student/senior) and will be available at the door, or may be charged in advance here. Houlihan will play works by Bach, Debussy, Saint-Saëns, and Vierne, and there will be a reception following.
7. The Cathedral Book Store, 2744 Peachtree Road, will host a lecture and book signing by Macrina Wiederkehr, Thursday, June 27, 6:30 p.m. Well known for her creative spiritual writings and retreat ministry, Sister Macrina is the author of eight popular books on prayer and spirituality. Come enjoy an enriching evening. This is a free lecture but please R.s.v.p. to (404)237-7582 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Join Atlanta Unity Church, Peachtree Corners, for a screening and discussion of the 350.org documentary about Bill McKibben’s “Do The Math” tour which took the climate fight directly to the fossil fuel companies and sparked divestment campaigns around the country. Thursday, June 27, 7- 9 p.m., Atlanta Unity Church Fellowship Hall, 3597 Parkway Lane, Peachtree Corners 30092. 770-441-0585 ex. 204. Read more>>
9. Sister Macrina Wiederkehr, the above mentioned popular retreat guide and author from the monastic community of St. Scholastica in Fort Smith, Arkansas, will lead a Weekend Retreat and a Day of Reflection, June 28-30, at Ignatius House , 6700 Riverside Drive Atlanta. She will reflect on is “Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day.” Find a flyer and details here>>
10. Action Ministries and Rethink Church will join forces on Saturday, June 29, in five north Georgia cities to attempt to break the Guinness World Record for making the most sandwiches in one hour. The current record stands at 2,706. Volunteers, United Methodist churches, and Action Ministries will gather to prepare thousands of sandwiches in support of the second annual Smart Lunch, Smart Kid program that aims to serve 200,000 healthy lunches to children in 20 Georgia cities this summer who receive a free or reduced-price lunch during the school year but do not have access to this important meal when the school year ends. To register visit www.smartlunchsmartkid.org.
11. We have an opportunity to see “Manifold Greatness: The Creation and Afterlife of the King James Bible”, Nancy Guinn Memorial Library, 864 Green Street, Conyers 30012, through July 12. Organized by the Folger Shakespeare Library and the American Library Association Public Programs office to mark the 400th anniversary of the publication of the KJB, traveling exhibition made possible by a major grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities. www.manifoldgreatness.org
12. Several churches around town host farmer’s markets. The Brookhaven Farmers Market has opened at Brookhaven Baptist Church, 1249 N. Druid Hills Road, Atlanta, Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon.
13. Correct link to special Summer Series at area churches
The New Jim Crow, Atlanta Friends Meetinghouse June 12 , 7:30 -9:00 p.m. 701 West Howard Ave, Decatur.
Smoke Rise Baptist Church 13th Annual Open Car, Truck, & Motorcycle Show. Saturday, June 15, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., 5901 Hugh Howell Rd., Stone Mountain 30087.
A Caribbean-American Festival, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, June 15, at St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, Decatur.
Oratorical Contest at Zion Hill Baptist Church, 8175 Campbellton Road, Atlanta 30331, June 15, 10 a.m.
Community International Festival St. Stephen Lutheran Church, 4664 Covington Hwy., Decatur, June 15, noon to 8 p.m.
June Eggonomics at All Saints’ Episcopal Church, Tuesday, June 18 at 7:30 a.m. For ticket contact Kevin Hayes at email@example.com
World Refugee Day , June 20. We have more on our website>>
FAMA Aid coming up this month, June 23, Brookhaven Christian Church. Read more>>
Ethel Ware Carter
Our magnificent mailing list services are kindly donated by combinework.com
Sign up for our eNewsletter at http://rcca.combinework.com/base/standard/extranetmail/register/118
Unsubscribe from our eNewsletter at http://rcca.combinework.com/base/standard/extranetmail/remove/118