Action Steps for Congregations
We encourage your congregation/organization to participate in on-going events and programs to initiate dialogue and education around immigration reform that can occur in respectful ways. Here are some suggestions:
- Attend a showing of the film, The Invisible Chapel, that follows the story of a chapel started by undocumented workers in California that was forced to be demolished. See http://www.invisiblechapel.com for more information. Contactworldpilgrims@bellsouth.net, 404-622-3399.
- Invite representatives from any of the In the Light of Love participating organizations to your congregation for an educational forum. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speak and pray about the need for civility and respect around the immigration reform discussion at your weekly services.
- Sign on to the Declaration on Immigration Reform. Contact email@example.com.
- Partner with another congregation that serves the immigrant community and allow immigrants to share their personal stories.