God calls us to some things we cannot do alone.
Regional Council of Churches of Atlanta
Atlanta Center for Congregations study -- we need to hear from everyone. If you have not taken this very short survey, please give us your input at http://www.wellsyscorp.com/congregationsurvey/
If you believe as we do that together we can make a greater difference for our neighbors and for God’s whole creation, join us -- application should take you directly to a membership application. Contact Johnnetta Morris, Membership coordinator, if you would like us to send you an application or have questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.rccatl.org for information.
The Advent mystery is the beginning of the end of all in us that is not yet Christ.
Online Advent calendars on our website at Notes
1. Explore Druid Hills Baptist Church, a Poncey-Highland community that says, “We do Baptist differently!” Come to a Christmas Fair Trade/Alternative Gift Fair and Open House, Saturday December 10 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Druid Hills Baptist Church, 1085 Ponce de Leon Ave. There will be Christmas music, cider and cookies, and family friendly activities for children, along with opportunities to visit the Montessori School, Tumbling Classes, and Fitness training. The Selah Center will be open with Yoga instructors, Mindfulness Training, and meditative music. Come meet new pastor Rev. Mimi Walker. All are welcome. Learn more at DHBC.org
We have a new article about the Selah Center on our website .
2. The Baptist World Alliance observes Human Rights Day on Dec. 11 and 12. BWA encourages churches to include emphases on human rights in their liturgies or orders of service as part of their Advent celebration. A variety of resources are currently available on the BWA Web site
3. International Market hosted by Refugee Women's Network, Sunday, December 11, 1 – 4 p.m., at the Clarkston Community Center, 3701 College Avenue, Clarkston 30021. Come shop for clothing, accessories, food, beauty supplies, jewelry, crafts, winter supplies and more! Support refugee owned businesses and have lots of fun. Vendor opportunities available : Booths starting at $25 (Include table and two chairs) Call Sandra to reserve your place to 404-437-7767.
4. The Zion Hill Baptist Church Youth Ministry will celebrate the birth of Jesus the Christ with the performance of “Expressions of Treasured Gifts at Christmas” an original stage production, December 11, 5:00 p.m. at 6175 Campbellton Road, SW, Atlanta. Special guest artists will be Seeds of Faith's Men of Silence Mime Team and the Westlake Concert Band. Dr. Aaron L. Parker, Pastor, and Rev. Paul Booth, Youth Minister, invite the entire community to this celebration. Call 404-691-8025 or go to www.zionhill.org for details.
5. Special Holiday Jazz Vespers Service at Rock of Ages Lutheran Church is Sunday, December 11, at 5:30 pm! 5135 Memorial Drive, Stone Mountain 30083. Reception to follow.
6. St. Matthew's Episcopal Church in Snellville will host the Advent Labyrinth from 7 to 9 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, December 12 and 13. Visitors are welcome to share in this opportunity for walking meditation during the Advent season. 1520 Oak Road, Snellville. 30078
7. Georgia VOAD, Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters, will meet at Conyers First United Methodist Church, 921 N. Main Street, Conyers, December 13, 10 to 2. Lunch will be served. This meeting is for all working in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. Please contact Stephanie Wright, email@example.com, for all information on this gathering.
8. Cobb Faith Partnership General Meeting, December 14, Turner Chapel AME Church at 11:30a.m. www.cobbfaithpartnership.org .
9. The International Christian Fellowship Church was founded on October 5, 1986 to serve the spiritual needs of the metro Atlanta community and especially Christians of Liberian descent. Founding Pastor, William B. J. Harris had a vision for this congregation that has continued for thirty years. Watch Spiritual Journey on AIBTV on Monday, December 19, 7 p.m., for a conversation with Rev. Harris.
10. We found out about Great Decisions from the Georgia Council for International Visitors a few years ago and it has been a program in which our readers have expressed interest. The Foreign Policy Association has announced the 2012 Great Decisions topics. Churches and other organizations across the nation host the series. Find out about groups near you at http://gciv.org/programs/gd/ GCIV works with community organizations and neighborhoods to create and sustain discussion groups. If you are interested in starting your own Great Decisions group contact Nicole Rateau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Beulah Heights University is Developing Global Leaders through Christ-Centered Education. Move into 2012 on a mission to advance your position in Marketplace, Ministry Operations, and Missions by participating in an accelerated 14 month/Saturdays only (Co-hort/Lockstep format) program Master of Business Administration Degree. New Spring Cohort starts in January 2012. Deadline for Applications/MBA Interviews is December 15, 2011. Call 404-921-4165 today if you are interested in the program starting in January or email email@example.com. Fall Cohort starts August 2012 . Visit www.beulah.edu for requirements
12. Door Network is seeking young adults interested in urban ministry experience here in Atlanta. Those chosen will work in one or more helping agencies receiving minimal stipends for basic living expenses and live free of charge in a house in Christian community with other volunteers with programming and supervision provided by the co-director. Read about Door at http://www.facebook.com/DOORAtlanta#!/DOORAtlanta?sk=info and contact David York at 404-295-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Twitter and follow us as we tweet the Bible one chapter at a time. We are @RCCAtl
Beautiful slide show of Regional Council of Churches member churches in the middle of our home page www.rccatl.org
Our magnificent mailing list services are kindly donated by combinework.com
Ethel Ware Carter