Camp High Five 2017 Volunteers Needed
Camp High Five 2017
Atlanta Volunteer Training
Saturday, May 20, 2017
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Warren Boys and Girls Club
790 Berne Street
Atlanta, GA 30316
For a one-week period during the summer (June 18th - June 23rd, 2017), live with the campers and develop camaraderie between cabin members and other campers and counselors.
· Guide assigned campers in a variety of camp activities.
· Monitor the daily health and safety of each camper assigned.
· Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
· Assist activity staff by being involved and supervising campers at program activities.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Able to pass a background check (Sex Offender, SSN Verification and National Criminal Background Check)
· TB skin test, completed since June 17th, 2016.
· Immunization record.
· Able to attend mandated reporting training.
Interview will be conducted for first-time volunteers.
A typical camper for Camp High Five is HIV infected or affected (has an infected parent, sibling, residential relative or has lost a family member due to HIV/AIDS related complications). The staff and volunteers strive to provide an atmosphere that is free from the worries, fear, stigma and hassles of living with HIV. Youth attending Camp High Five have the opportunity to be around other children with the same life experiences and will not have to feel different or strange. Sometimes, camp may be the first time that these children have been around other children living with HIV.