As of 7:30 p.m. on February 11, 2014, both the Harriett G. Darnell and the Helene S. Mills Senior Multipurpose Facilities have been designated warming centers beginning 11:00 p.m. Fulton is working in concert with the City of Atlanta to secure provisions necessary to fully enable to sites to serve as warming centers through the weather event expected to hit Fulton County. In preparation for this service:
- The centers will be staffed by Fulton County employees within the Office of Aging. In addition, the City of Atlanta has committed to assist with providing volunteers.
- Security for the centers will be provided by the Fulton County Marshall who has designated 2 Marshalls per center.
- The American Red Cross has provided cots and blankets which have been delivered and are on site.
- The Fulton County Department of Facilities and Transportation has provided a technician on each site to
- ensure site generators remain operational throughout the weather event.
- The City of Atlanta is providing water, beginning tonight, and will provide meals tomorrow once the number of participants has been determined.
In addition to the above senior facilities, each Fulton County Fire Department station is also serving as warming centers for Fulton citizens and motorists.
The County Manager has also contacted the City of Atlanta to determine what additional area facilities are available to serve as warming in cities within our regional partnership. The following list was developed:
- North Atlanta HS 4111 Northside Parkway Atlanta GA 30327 (OPEN at 11PM)
- BEST Academy 1890 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy Atlanta GA 30318 (OPEN at 11PM)
- Old Adamsville Rec Center- 3404 Delmar Lane Atlanta GA (100 Capacity) -CURRENTLY OPEN
- Fairburn- 149 West Broad St and 40 Washington St (if needed)- STAND-BY
WARMING STATIONS - (OPEN AS NEEDED)
Atlanta Fire Stations:
- Fire Station 1: 71 Elliot Street SW
- Fire Station 22: 817 Hollywood Road NW
- Fire Station 4: 309 Edgewood Avenue SE
- Fire Station 5: 2825 Campbellton Road SW
- Firestation 8: 1711 Marietta Boulevard NW
- Fire Station 9: 3501 Martin L. King Jr. Drive NW
- Fire Station 10: 447 Boulevard SE
- Fire Station 28: 1925 Hollywood Road NW.
- Fire Station 29: 2167 Monroe Drive NE
- Fire Station 31: 2406 Fairburn Road SW
- Fire Station 14: 1203 Lee Street SW
- Public Safety Headquarters: 226 Peachtree St SW
- Fire Station 15: 170 10th Street NE
- Public Safety Annex: 3493 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy
- Fire Station 16:1048 Joseph E Boone Boulevard NW
- Fire Station 34:3671 Southside Industrial Parkway
- Fire Station 17:1489 Ralph D. Abernathy Boulevard SW
- Fire Shop: 23 Claire Dr.
FAIRBURN PUBLIC SHELTERS
The City of Fairburn has identified two shelter locations that will be opened if needed which may also be used as warming sites.
- 149 West Broad Street Fairburn, GA 30213
- 40 Washington Street Fairburn, GA 30213
- ALPHARETTA PUBLIC SHELTER, 175 Roswell Street, Alpharetta Ga 30009
- Fire Station #1 2970 Webb Bridge Road Alpharetta, GA30009
- Fire Station #4 525 Parkbridge Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30005
- Public Safety Property & Evidence, 2565 Old Milton Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30004
***Shelter does not have a generator. If there is loss of power there, guests will be moved to a local church which is on standby.
All Johns Creek Fire Stations are open and may be utilized as warming / temporary shelters for the public in the event of power outages / etc.
- Fire Station 61: 10265 Medlock Bridge Parkway
- Fire Station 62: 10925 Rogers Bridge Road
- Fire Station 63: 3165 Old Alabama Road
The City of Union City is taking the following actions.
City offices are closed today and tomorrow, only essential personnel will report to work, this will include, Public Safety and Public Services personnel.
Fire Stations located at the below locations will be utilized as possible shelters if the needs arise:
- Station 1- 8595 Highpoint Rd
- Station 2- 6393 Shannon Parkway
- Station 3- 6735 Oakley Industrial Parkway,
City Hall will be opened as a shelter. Will be the only active shelter in the city for residents to weather any power outages.
- 6505 Rico Rd, Palmetto, GA 30268
If I can provide any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. email@example.com